November 2022 Home Plan
Two-Story Waterfront Home
This plan features a 2,087 sq. ft. two-story home perfectly suited to accommodate a small, waterfront lot that was both shallow and a bit narrow. The homeowners love their time on the water and enjoy it most when spending that time with family and friends. They wanted to create a place that prioritizes entertaining and has an easy flow between the indoor and outdoor spaces. The result is a well-thought-out floor plan that includes a spacious great room on the main floor with a custom-built bar, large windows, and expansive multi-slide patio doors, that when open, create a seamless connection between the indoor and outdoor spaces. The main living quarters, which are on the second floor, are easily accessible via the residential elevator. Overall, the design and layout take full advantage of waterfront living and is perfect for entertaining.
Details of This Home:
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, office space, and open-concept living room and kitchen on the second floor
- Living room has a fireplace with Cultured Stone face and box beam mantle, and large windows to maximize the view
- Kitchen features custom-built maple cabinetry with quartz countertops and granite undermount sink, and a walk-in pantry
- Main bathroom has vanity with dual sink and quartz countertops and custom-tile walk-in shower
- Eclipse residential elevator
- First floor great room includes a gas fireplace with Cultured Stone face, custom-built bar with maple cabinets and Formica Dolce Vita countertops, large windows, and multi-slide patio doors
- Oversized two-stall garage door with both front and back overhead doors
"Building a new home from the ground up can be a challenge. Especially if you have never done this before. One must trust the first person you meet right down to the project manager. You must trust that they respect your vision, budget, and schedule while never compromising the quality of the home.
We first met with Al Shefchik, our Custom Designer, and right from the beginning, we knew we could trust him. Our lot was going to prove to be difficult to build a home on and Al had the expertise to design and present a home that would meet our requirements and the requirements of the community.
Once everything had been approved and they were ready to start the project, Al introduced us to Joel Daoust, our project manager. We were extremely impressed with his abilities right from the beginning. We lived out of town so we had to rely on Joel to keep us informed on the progress and he did. We received regular updates and progress notes. He was always on schedule and met all of his deadlines. We had no overruns or delays, everything had been planned ahead of time so there were no surprises.
The final result of our new home turned out to be exceptional.
We are extremely pleased and feel very fortunate to have had Al, Joel, and the entire PortSide team in charge of our project."