Northeastern Wisconsin Land Development & Planning
Because Your Investment is Important
Contacting PortSide Builders, Inc. can begin an exciting opportunity to assess the possibilities. Whether this is our clients first opportunity to develop or they are established developers, we provide as much support as needed.
Over the past thirty years, the professional team at PortSide Builders has been an integral starting point for a wide variety of developments throughout Northeast Wisconsin, including Door County, Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fond du lac and Elkhart Lake.
The perfect development plan gracefully combines our client’s vision, market demands, government regulations and, perhaps most importantly, the site’s natural characteristics.
PortSide Builders has earned a reputation for striking and successful designs because of an emphasis on fitting the right product to the landscape. Find out how your product can be functional, attractive and successful.
Northeastern Wisconsin Land Development Services
From a Concept to a Product
At PortSide Builders, Inc. we understand that handling land investments with attention, respect and responsibility creates satisfied clients. PortSide Builders offers expert advice and guidance no matter what step of your project you need assistance with. Working with our clients, together we find the best use for the land. Our clients are looking to:
- Relocate, expand or create their business
- Develop land as the single developer
- Find a development partner
- Sell their land outright
- Find developer options
Every Process is Different, Every Product is Unique
PortSide Builders understands that the process from vacant land to a successful development product can seem daunting. That is why PortSide Builders offers a complete turnkey option:
- Land Planning: Develop design options
- Acquiring Approvals: Apply to/meet governing bodies
- Landscape Design: Utilize natural features
- Marketing: Promotional assistance
Northeastern Wisconsin Land Development Team Members
Personable. Professional. Dependable. Our experienced staff at PortSide Builders have built a solid reputation on these characteristics. Our experience in all areas of development can ease you through every step of the development process.
Ralph Bergman, AICP ASLA, Planning Consultant
Ralph has utilized his professional and creative skills at PortSide Builders since 1987. Ralph is a respected professional of landscape design / architecture and site development.
Ralph’s resume includes the former director of Bay Lakes Regional Planning and the Executive Director of the Green Bay-Brown County Planning Commission before he began private consultation in 1987.
Ralph provides residential and commercial design services ranging from conceptual development perspectives to specific development criteria.
With over thirty-five years of construction experience, Fran has a wealth of knowledge in every aspect of construction and planning.
Fran’s vast area of expertise includes pre-construction property development, including economic feasibility analysis, financial packaging and program formulation.
Since 1977, Fran has been involved in the development and operation of resort and residential condominiums, including serving on the board of directors.
Paul Shefchik began his professional career in 1975. Since that time, Paul has flourished professionally with his role in the planning, financial feasibility, conceptual design and bidding of commercial or multi-unit developments.
Paul’s strengths lie in precise scheduling, attention to detail, overall knowledge in development processes and quality control. From the first residential multi-unit development in 1975, Paul has demonstrated his ability to walk clients through every stage of the development process.
Just a few of the developments Paul is responsible for include:
- The Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake – Phase I consisted of 115 suites, a restaurant and beautifully landscaped grounds, and 59 suites were added in Phase II.
- Bridgeport Resort, Sturgeon Bay – Development cConstruction of 59 deluxe waterfront suites, indoor & outdoor pools, indoor & outdoor children’s play areas and conference facilities.
- The Landmark, Egg Harbor – Development consisted of five buildings with a total of 293 units, as well as a restaurant, a rec center and conference facilities.
- Radford Village in Oshkosh – Five buildings providing 44 apartments for students.
- Baylake Bank – New bank locations on the west side of Sturgeon Bay, Waupaca
- King Tumbleweed Southwest Grill – Chain Restaurant with 288 seating capacity with bar
Northeastern Wisconsin Land Development
A few of our past customers share their experience working through their unique projects with the staff here at PortSide Builders.
The expertise and assistance PortSide Builders provided has been invaluable. Their work in facilitating site selection and building approvals with local planning commissions has made it possible for us to determine and establish locations that have proven very successful.
— Lydia Bessert, Baylake Bank,
Vice President-Buildings & Facilities
We were looking for an innovative design, that took advantage of the proximity to the village and the golf course.
PortSide Builders provided us with a variety of options. We chose a design that uses clustering to allow many areas of green space.
The unique pod design provides a mix of single and multi-family units that has been warmly received. With PortSide’s help and preparation, we were able to get all of the required permits.
— Jack Jackson, Orchards Village,
The site plan created by PortSide Builders allowed us to not only preserve, but also enhance an already beautiful waterfront building site. Their design of the buildings around the reflecting pond along with the public walkway and beach restored The Osthoff, a Victorian style lakefront resort as a Wisconsin landmark.
— Lou Gentine, The Osthoff Resort, Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
Land Development in Northeastern Wisconsin
Because Your Investment is Important
1) How do I find out what the regulations are for the development of my property?
Each municipality has different regulations that our staff is familiar with. We will make sure that all regulations are met.
2) The approval process for development of my property is very complex. Who can I consult to assist me with the process?
PortSide Builders will work with you during this complex process. We will represent you at all the necessary meetings and help guide you through each phase of development.
3) I have some property that I would like to sell to others to develop. Other than contacting a realtor who can I contact to see if there is any interest in purchasing my property?
PortSide Builders has maintained strong relationships and a respected reputation with developers.
4) I have property that I would like to develop but I would like to have a partner to join me because I don’t want to assume all the risk. What are my options?
Each developer has a different capacity in which they would like to be involved. We are prepared to help as little, or as much, as you want.
5) I own some property that I’m considering selling, but don’t have any idea what the value is. Who can I contact to determine this?
PortSide Builders can identify various development options and work with you to identify the best way to increase the value of the land.
6) Can I get an idea of how to develop my project without spending a lot of money.
Yes. We can meet with you, and evaluate the land for your prospective project.