January 2023 Home Plan
Contemporary Cottage on a Wooded Lot
This month, we are featuring a one-story, contemporary cottage-style home, set on a wooded lot, just steps from the lake. The owners of this home were looking to build their dream vacation home to be used by multiple family members. Considering that this is a vacation home, they wanted it to feel comfortable, and welcoming, with low-maintenance surfaces and fixtures to allow for a more relaxed, ease of living. The result is a charming vacation home that is perfect for family gatherings and allows them to enjoy their downtime time as much as possible.
Details of This Home:
- Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, and 263 sq. ft. screen porch
- The open-concept great room of the living room, kitchen, and dining room has a sloped ceiling and expansive windows to maximize the view
- Living room has a wood-burning fireplace with Cultured Stone face and rough-sawn timber beam mantle
- Kitchen features custom-built maple cabinetry, island with extended snack counter, high-definition laminate countertops with stainless steel undermount sink, and a large pantry cabinet
- Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring throughout all areas of the home except the bedrooms, which are carpeted
- Oversized two-stall garage
- Exterior of lap siding and Cedar Impression Shakes with the front screen porch make for a charming and welcoming exterior
"We had a phenomenal experience with PortSide Builders, Inc. I could not recommend them enough. With PortSide Builders, we built our dream vacation home. When we first found PortSide, we didn't know where to start with our project. But they were experts every step of the way, and they found a way to help us build the most beautiful home well within our budget. They were professional and got the job done in a timely manner despite various complications beyond our control (e.g. material shortages). I would highly recommend PortSide Builders for any home project big or small."